West Virginia's Men's Basketball team is back from it's time in paradise, the owners of a 3-1 overall record. Though Puerto Rico had it's moments, especially in a tight victory over Vanderbilt, there are still more questions than answers for this Mountaineer squad. Whether or not Casey Mitchell can be a consistent scorer, or whether Kevin Jones can find his groove, chiefly among them.
The VMI Keydets will try and rain threes, and the Mountaineer guards will have their hands full.
The Mountaineer offense will have to move the basketball to get good looks at the basket.
Here we go!
- Truck Bryant not starting, not sure why. Heard earlier today that he wasn't playing. Not sure why.
- Kilicli turnover right out of the gate. It''s like this team never took any time off.
- VMI likes to press. This will test Mountaineer ball-handlers.
- Two consecutive trips to force the ball to Jones on the blocks. That's the way to do this.
- The announcers seemed to assert that the shooting background in Charleston is awkward. The poor shooting on both sides seems to back them up.
- Kenny Ross is already into the game to back-up Mazzulla. What's going on here? Is Ross from Charleston or something? (He's not).