Super Bowl Sunday is upon us, and that means two things: football...and food. Lots and lots of food. Right, and the football. Chips and dips are a favorite, but how about something with a little more pizazz. I recommend the buffalo chicken bites below. Not only are they delicious, but they are oven-baked rather than fried, making it slightly healthier when you eat 12 of them in one sitting.
Buffalo Chicken Bites (via Sweet Pea's Kitchen)
What you will need (to make 48 uber delicious bites):
Cooking directions (from the expert, Sweet Pea):
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, place corn flakes.
- Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled to kick off at 6:29 PM ET, and the game will be televised nationally on NBC. The network will also be streaming the game live, for free, at NBCSports.com. Eating can commence at any time you would like.
For more on the Patriots and their Super Bowl run, check out SB Nation's Patriots blog, Pats Pulpit as well as SB Nation Boston. For more on the Giants and their Super Bowl appearance, visit Giants blog Big Blue View and SB Nation New York. For all news and information regarding Super Bowl XLVI, please stay tuned to SB Nation's dedicated Super Bowl hub.