Joe Paterno held his end-of-spring-practice press conference this afternoon ahead the Blue-White game game at Beaver Stadium. Not a whole lot of news we didn't learn a couple of weeks ago at the mid-spring presser, but here's what Joe had to say.
- The game today could be cut short depending upon how the weather looks. Paterno expects to stick to the 12-minute quarter set up, but he isn't sure what will happen with the weather.
- The offensive line has made progress over the past couple of weeks. Paterno said it has a chance to be pretty good come fall.
- The team won't name a quarterback until the fall but he is "99 percent sure" it will come from the pair of Robert Bolden and Matthew McGloin, both of whom he said had good springs.
- The defensive line has seen a lot of shuffling during the fall due to injuries to Eric Latimore, Pete Massaro, etc.
- Paterno doesn't expect the injured Curtis Drake to be ready by the fall.
- Paul Jones and Kevin Newsome will both have to play their way into serious consideration for the starting quarterback job.
- Joe was surprised to learn the uniforms are changing, but is pleased they'll be more basic come the fall.
Stay tuned to SB Nation Pittsburgh for live updates from Beaver Stadium and the Blue-White game today.