Week 13 couldn't be any bigger for the Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3) and the visiting Cincinnati Bengals (7-4). The winner stays hot on the heels of the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North standings, and remains in great shape to at least secure a wild card berth. For obvious reasons, the game could be considered more important for the Bengals than the Steelers, but one should expect the two squads' to play as if their season was hanging in the balance.
With that in mind, here's a few facts, figures and trends for both teams leading up to their Week 13 matchup.
- Club has 28-9 record (.757) at Heinz Field under head coach Mike Tomlin.
- Seek 4th consecutive win vs. Bengals.
- QB Ben Roethlisberger is 11-4 as starter vs. Cin. In past 7, Steelers are 6-1 & Roethlisberger has 14 TDs vs. 5 INTs & 98.9 rating. Has 21-8 (.724) record in Dec.
- RB Rashard Mendenhall has 3 rush TDs in past 3 vs. Bengals.
- WR Mike Wallace (939) needs 61 rec. yards to reach 1,000 for 2nd consecutive season (1,257 in '10).
WR Antonio Brown is averaging 92 rec. yards per game in past 3 (276 total).
WR Jerricho Cotchery posted 1st TD of season in last game vs. Cin.
- WR Hines Ward (11,991) needs 9 rec. yards to become 19th player in NFL history with 12,000 rec. yards.
- Defense allows 2nd-fewest yards per game (277.5) in NFL in '11 (HOU: 268.4).
- LB LaMarr Woodley (48) needs 2 sacks to become 6th player in franchise history with 50 career sacks.
- LB James Harrison has 5 sacks in past 7 vs. Cin.
- CB Ike Taylor posted 1st INT of season last game.
- Club is 4-2 on road this season.
- Rookie QB Andy Dalton has 11 TDs vs. 6 INTs & 86 passer rating on road this season. Dalton is averaging 321.5 passing yards per game in past 2 vs. AFC North opponents.. Last week, Dalton (16) surpassed Greg Cook (15 in '69) for most TD passes by rookie in club annals.
- RB Cedric Benson registered 15th 100-yard rush game with Cin. last week & Bengals are 13-2 (.867) in such games.
- Rookie WR A.J. Green leads NFL rookies in rec. yards (745) & TD catches (6). Green had 36-yard TD catch in only meeting vs. Pit. Posted 3rd 100-yard rec. game last week (124, 118, 110). Green (44 rec., 745 rec. yards) can challenge Cris Collinsworth (67 rec., 1,009 yards in '81) for most catches & rec. yards by rookie in club history.
- TE Jermaine Gresham has career-best 5 TD rec. in '11. Had TD rec. in last game vs. Pit.
- Defense is tied for 2nd in NFL with 9 FRs (Bal., 11; SF, 9).
- DT Geno Atkins aims for 4th consecutive game with sack.
- DE Robert Geathers has 4 sacks in past 5 vs. Pit...