New Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam Has Begun Selling Share Of Steelers

CLEVELAND, OH - JANUARY 01: Running back Isaac Redman #33 of the Pittsburgh Steelers runs by Eric Hagg #27 of the Cleveland Browns at Cleveland Browns Stadium on January 1, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo by Matt Sullivan/Getty Images)

New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has begun selling his share of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Not long after it was announced that Tennessee businessman and Pilot Travel Centers CEO Jimmy Haslam would buy the Cleveland Browns, Mary Kay Cabot reports that he has already begun selling his minority stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The process is the next legal step in taking control of the Browns franchise. He will at first have a 70 percent stake in the team, according to Business Week, assuming that 24 of the 32 NFL owners approve of the sale. He will obtain the other 30 percent from former Browns owner Randy Lerner four years after the closing date of the deal.

Haslam has been a minority owner of the Steelers since 2008. It's a little strange to see him head to another AFC North team.

Via Steelers Depot.

For more on the Browns, check out Dawgs By Nature.

Trending Discussions

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join SB Nation Pittsburgh

You must be a member of SB Nation Pittsburgh to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SB Nation Pittsburgh. You should read them.

Join SB Nation Pittsburgh

You must be a member of SB Nation Pittsburgh to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SB Nation Pittsburgh. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.