Here we go folks. There's no more room for error for this football team. Away we go....
- Mountaineers go three-and-out on their first possession. One run from Devine, an incomplete pass, and another frustrating play from Starks on third down where he runs just too short of route. That's either mental error, or a by-product of Geno Smith being draped in defenders each time he drops back to pass.
- On Louisville's first possession, they drove down the field mainly by throwing the ball and exposing some of the Mountaineer secondary. When they neared the redzone they switched to running plays and we stymied. The Cards settle for a field goal.
- After a rough start, the Mountaineer offense is finally driving. A pair of long passes to Tavon Austin and JD Woods put WVU on the move, Geno was pressured on both, but he stood tall and got the ball out.
- 'Eers switch to the ground game, but it takes a short catch and run from Jock to give the 'Eers first and goal from the 2...
- Where Devine slices it home for a score! He looks better, and carried it six times on the drive for 22 yards. Not eye-popping numbers, but he had three important carries to push it into the redzone, and then the endzone. WVU up, 7-3.
- The D comes up big and forces a three and out. The Cardinals were successful on two short pass plays, but Anthony Leonard came up big stuffing Powell in the backfield to force the punt.
- Just when you thought things were going good.... a great return from Hogan gets wiped out by an unnecessary roughness penalty. The definition of unnecessary.
- After picking up a first down the drive was sunk by a big sack. It seems like right now, if you send one extra guy at the Mountaineer line, from anywhere, that guy's getting in the backfield.