- Mountaineers in their home whites. Mitchell starts again at the two-guard. Jones, Bryant, Kilicli and Flowers round out the starting lineup.
- Huggins complained on the radio pre-game show that the rims in Puerto Rico were as tight as he'd seen. Early shots bouncing in and out seem to reinforce that.
- Kilicli comes out of the game after under-two minutes of play. The insertion of Jennings seems to say that Huggs was unhappy with his rebounding effort. Huggs also pulls Mitchell early, in favor of Jonnie West
- Truck scores twice early, drawing fouls both times. He missed on his second trip to the stripe.
- Truck jumps a passing lane and goes to the rim. He has 7 of WVU's first nine points.
- Jonnie West hit a nice fade away three, doing exactly what he was put into the game to do. He follows that high-degree-of-difficulty shot by missing his next one, this time from a foot and half. Maybe Huggs was right about those rims. Almost every shot is rattling around. What's John Sanders to say "bending, bending, bending..." when we need him.
- WVU 12, Davidson 8
West Virginia Vs. Davidson: First Half Notes, Under Sixteen
By Aaron Hawley