Penguins star Sidney Crosby is reportedly holding a press conference at CONSOL Energy Center at 12:30 PM on Wednesday. The PensBlog has a copy of the note that was sent out to the media. Crosby will then apparently head to New York to speak to the national media.
There's no immediate word about the subject of the press conference, but Rob Rossi has some ideas. Basically, Crosby saw a doctor in July who said it was fine for him to work out, but not to play full-contact, due to his concussion symptoms. He went to other doctors in August to get more opinions, and Rossi says the Penguins wanted Crosby to talk to the media if those meetings with doctors turned up any significant news.
So, who knows? We might hear that doctors have told him it's acceptable for him to do full-contact practices. We might hear that he'll continue to be shut down. Or we might not hear any significant news at all, although that would be very strange, given that he's speaking to the national media.
Crosby hasn't played since early January. He has practiced intermittently since then.
For more on Sidney Crosby and the Penguins, check out PensBurgh.