- Truck Bryant finds his high school teammate Danny Jennings for a nice inside bucket. A great set to run right out of a timeout.
- A Dalton Pepper turnover leads to easy points for Vandy. The Commodores have cut WVU's lead to 9.
- WVU's shot 14 free throws in 14 minutes of play.
- Free throws have put WVU back up 12. Right now, it seems to be the only way WVU can score.
- Rod Odom answers with a 3. Vandy now only down nine.
- On the break, Casey Mitchell goes down hard, and comes up holding his ear. The game's gone to commercial, and it's hard to tell if he'll be shooting his free throws when he comes back. I hope he can, he may be the team's best free throw shooter.
- Mitchell seems recovered. He hits both. WVU back up eleven.
- Kevin Jones gets back involved after running a tip-drill courtesy of off the mark shots from Mitchell and Cam Thoroughman.
- Just when I thought I'd said too many nice things about Mitchell... he commits a terrible foul on a deep three. John Jenkins hits all three of his shots.
- Vandy's Festus Ezeli picks up his third foul. It's rare for a guy to get three in the first half, and now two of Vandy's starting five already have three. That bodes well for the Mountaineers.
- Bryant with a great feed down low to KJ, who now has 10 points. If he'd have caught it cleanly, it would've been highlight worthy. Unfortunately, Jones responds by getting pushed around on defense.
- Scary moment as Kilicli lands on Odom as he lay on the floor under the basket. God knows the sight of the Turk coming down on top of you has to be just about the most terrifying thing you could possibly see.
- Huggins seems to be arguing with his big-men mid play, and he takes a timeout. Jones and Kilicli have provided very little defense on the blocks. As big as they both are, Vandy ball-handlers seem to have no trouble going right around them.
- Mitchell buries the last WVU shot of the half, a long range three. He has sixteen of WVU's 44 points.
- At the Half: WVU: 44 Vandy: 33
West Virginia Vs. Vanderbilt: Mitchell Paces WVU To A Eleven-Point Halftime Lead
By Aaron Hawley