- Flowers misses an ally-oop off of the inbounds. Unsuccessful, but I like it. I never understood why WVU never threw the lob to Ebanks last season, I'm glad they're doing it now without him.
- Things are looking sloppy. The longer the Mountaineers let this team hang around, the more likely Vandy is to pull off a win. The lead has shrunken to six.
- Casey Mitchell bricks another three. What was once white hot, has gone ice cold.
- John Flowers goes over the scorers table in pursuit of a steal. Love that hustle.
- Look up "ugly" in the dictionary, find this game.
- Flowers hits a pair of free throws, lead back at 8.
- John Jenkins buries a three. Mountaineer lead has been cut to five. The offense seems completely out of sync without Truck on the court.
- Jenkins hits a pair and cuts the lead to three. Sound the alarms, this isn't looking good.
- Great interior pass from Mazzulla to Jones, for a score. Amazingly, for a team that plays Syracuse EVERY YEAR, the Mountaineers seem to have no idea what to do against a 2-3 zone.
- A stupid foul by Pepper and Tchiengang hits his two free throws. WVU already with ten fouls. Lead cut to one.
- Vanderbilt ties the game from the free throw line.
- Casey and Truck re-enter the game. Hopefully the Mountaineer offense can find its groove now...
- A jump-hook from the Turk! The Mountaineers needed that one.
- Mitchell buries a deep three. Lead back out to four. Right now, the most important bucket of the game for the Mountaineers. Truck with a short jumper the next time down the court.
- Mitchell again! The Mountaineers go on a 9-0 run and now lead by nine.
- At the under-eight timeout, WVU: 63, Vandy: 54
West Virginia Vs. Vanderbilt: Mountaineers Weather Vandy Run, Take Back Control
By Aaron Hawley