- Louisville shocks everybody and fakes a punt. Of course, Mountaineer special teams are burned for 21 yards. A great call from Strong though. From the standpoint of Louisville, you've gotta go for broke.
- WVU had a chance to negate the momentum, but Keith Tandy dropped an easy interception. I guess that's why he's a defensive back.
- Geno Smith is sacked, fumbles, and the Cardinal D recovers in the endzone. Cardinals now lead 10-7. West Virginia just can't keep playing as sloppily as they have been. A turnover has just cost them the lead, and any more could cost them the game. The line has to block somebody. Anybody. But stop them. Right now they're not getting anybody.
- JD Woods makes a big catch across midfield. An impressive spinning grab a ball thrown behind him. The offense moves in weird spurts. They need to pick up some sort of rhythm.
- Geno connects with Noel Devine on a looooong wheel route, picking up forty eight yards. Noel spent the last five yards dragging defenders and for a moment looked like he'd carry them into the endzone. Ryan Clarke came in and finished the job. The Mountaineers regain the lead. They have to keep throwing the ball, but they have to protect Geno to do it. Ahhhh, there's the rub.
- Bruce Irvin picks up his ninth sack. Nice to see a Mountaineer pressuring the quarterback, and not vice-versa.
- Punts and penalties burn the rest of the time from the second quarter, Mountaineers head to the locker room in the lead, and should be grateful to have it. They will need more points in the second half, because this one's not over.
West Virginia Vs. Louisville: West Virginia Leads 14-10 At The Half
By Aaron Hawley