- So far in the second half, still getting pounded on the boards.
- Kevin Jones finally hits a three. He needs to be a big part of the offense in the second half, but he promptly picks up his third foul.
- John Flowers is having serious issues covering Trevor Mbakwe. He got eaten alive in the first and so far in the second. On top of that, Casey Mitchell is getting sloppy following Hoffarber, who made him pay by putting a three in his eye.
- Down five, MItchell takes it inside for a scoop shot and gets fouled. He hit his free throw too. Instant. Offense.
- Hoffarber with another three. Mountaineers down seven with a whole lot of work to do.
- Jones nails the fade. He must get going. The Mountaineers are having a hard time putting anything together on offense.
- Nevermind. He immediately picks up his fourth foul. Deniz Kilicli is back in. He needs to make strides fast.
- Kevin Noreen into the game for the first time in the tournament. He's a former Minnesota player of the year, so this must be nice for his fellow. Some where in the high-midwest someone says "Oh boy".
- Oh boy! Noreen gets a put-back and goes to the line and misses. Attaboy freshman. He also picks up a foul. That kid's all over the scorebooks, and quick.
- Noreen, Pepper and Mitchell are showing a lot of hustle. Big steal and dunk for Casey. Getting back in this thing.
West Virginia Vs. Minnesota: Mountaineers Struggling In the Second Half
By Aaron Hawley