- After two television timeouts, this one's hotly contested. Mountaineers look brutish and sluggish, Colonials quick and are shooting with a hot hand. Hopefully the length and strength will outlast the underdog, but the 'Eers are going to have to shoot better.
- Kevin Jones overthrows Deniz Kilicli for the Mountaineers' fifth turnover. Robert Morris with a three, and now they have the lead.
- The Turk turns it over (a turk-over?) and then with a stupid foul. Utterly lost on offense these days.
- On the upside, John Flowers back in the game and apparently fine.
- Truck all the way to the rack after a four minute drought. All bad, quick shots by the 'Eers.
- Huggins got a technical. Saw it coming a mile away. He was arguing a chippy call, but it's a tool, really. I think he's trying to show the guys he goes hard. Still riding the refs.
- Flowers is on the floor again, literally. This kid might get killed if he keeps playing like this. Love the hustle though.
- Casey Mitchell finally gets a bucket. With fourteen minutes burned off the clock in the first half, he finally gets a point. Your leading scorer can't disappear like that. Ever.
- A dominant post move from Danny Jennings. He jumped to receive the pass, and then he jumped for a quick half hook half layup. Decisive. What the Turk lacks.
- And again... but he fails, and ultimate garbageman John Flowers is there to pick up the slack!
- Kevin Jones throws the ball away in what seems like a freshman miscue. Can't have that from a guy who's got to be a leader.
- Cam Thoroughman finally in the game, and immediately with a beautiful feed to Casey Mitchell. Why is Cam seemingly the team's best passer? Amazing.
- Kevin Jones is fouled in transition, but it wasn't pretty. The Mountaineers want to run and gun, but really aren't good at it.
- Truck forces five seconds at the end of the half to force the ball into the Mountaineers' hands. It's a nice touch, and with only a four point lead a good chance for the 'Eers to get some final points...
- ...which they don't when Casey Mitchell bricks a three. Ice. Cold.
- Well, that was sluggish and ugly. Glad I'm watching on TV and didn't brave the cold for this one! Someone needs to step up and score the basketball or this could be an omen of bad things to come. Mitchell and Truck are a combined 4 for 17. That's not going to beat anybody.
Robert Morris Vs. West Virginia: Mountaineers Slumping Against Colonials, Lead By 4 At The Half
By Aaron Hawley